Quality furniture requires only the minimum of care to provide a lifetime of enjoyment.
The following are simple rules
Wood furniture: We recommend dusting wood pieces on a regular basis with a soft lift free cloth. The most common cause of scratches is moving items across the top of a table that doesn’t a clean surface. Even a small amount of grit can cause scratches
- You need to avoid placing your wood furniture or bright colored upholstery in direct sunlight (such as a large bay window). Ultra violet light can fade colors. Red and deep Blues will fade the quickest.
- Don’t expose wood furniture to temperature or humidity extremes. These can cause wood to shirk or swell causing cracking and opening of the furniture joints.
- Dining tables need to be protected with a table pad. Avoid using plastic or vinyl plate matts directly on the table as they can trap moisture and damage the tabletop. Use water very sparingly to clean. Never leave a table pad on the table for extended period of time.
- Do not drag your furniture, lift and place; even inches can damage some items.
Rotate and fluff cushions and pillow periodically
- Vacuum upholstery regularly, dust grit can “grind” into fabric with normal usage and greatly reduce the life of the fabric.
- The zippers placed on cushions are easy of assembly not for customer removal to clean. Never place an upholstery cushion casing in the washing machine.
- Food stains need to be cleaned as soon as possible. Blot; do not rub across a fabric that has been stained. Blot up stains with a clean dry white cloth, do not use a damp cloth check the fabric cleaning code and follow the instructions. (It is important to know the cleaning code)
Visit Furniture King where we specialize in professional, knowledgeable sales consultants and an in-store designer that will help guide you through your furniture shopping experience. See why Furniture King is Southern Illinois’ #1 Furniture & Mattress Store.
© 2018 Furniture King